True story: aluminum goes from your recycling bin to being back on the store shelf in 60 days, limiting the need for (and environmental damage from) mining new materials. Information from: RecycleBank
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the Middle Ages. During this same period, Thyme was often placed beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in their temples while the Egyptians used it in their embalming rites. Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a potent essential oil that has cleansing and clarifying effects for the skin; however, due to its high phenol content, Thyme should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil before application. Thyme has specific chemotypes that produce a broad-spectrum activity in promoting winter-time health. Including Thyme essential oil in food dishes or consuming one to two drops a day will promote a healthy immune system when seasonal threats are high.
Aromatic, Topical, Internal, Diluted
Warm, herbaceous, floral, powdery
Main Chemical Component and Chemotype:
• Cleansing and purifying effect for the skin
• Broad-spectrum activity in promoting winter-time health
Use 1–2 drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy skin.
Add 2 drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to promote immunity.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to desired area.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This post is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any product.
The top-selling essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.
- Diffuse and take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean and disinfect tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.