The peppermint plant is actually a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health, Peppermint also helps to alleviate stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among dōTERRA essential oils.
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Rub on the stomach or take internally for occasional digestive discomfort.
- Add a drop of Peppermint to your chocolate Trim Shake for a yummy twist.
- Rather than grabbing an unhealthy snack mid-afternoon, re-energize by applying Peppermint to the palms of hands and deeply inhaling.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Your cat knows what (s)he needs… let them tell you. Here is a great little clip from Janet Roark, DVM on how to ask you cat (or dog) which oil they need. Make sure to keep the lid on the oil otherwise the aroma is too overwhelming for them.
“This is Lyra, she is 16, has arthritis, asthma, and epilepsy. Sometimes she’s subtle with her answers, and sometimes she just leaves the room all together when she says “no” to an oil. In this video, she is saying “yes” to the first two oils (detoxification blend and Vetiver) and “no” (Joyful blend) to the third oil.” Essential Oil Vet – Janet Roark, DVM
Reminder: Don’t give oils to cats topically or internally every day (with some exceptions), dilute them, only use medical grade quality oils, and when in doubt, feel free to ask!
If you would like to know more, catch Janet at the FREE Essential Oil Summit Tuesday, May 12. Each day’s talks are on demand for a 24-hour period beginning at 10:00 A.M. U.S. eastern. Click here to register.
Considered sacred by the ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Hebrew cultures, Rosemary essential oil is powerful and versatile.
Read a study on its effect on food shelf-life: http://tinyurl.com/rosemaryEO
How do you use Rosemary essential oil?